9080-HEX EDP3 144-Core IBM Power10 Processor Model E1080
- Can have 144 cores per node or a maximum of 576 cores in a four system node configuration
- Can execute 8 threads per core
- Can be configured with up to 16 TB of memory via 64 slots per node
- Delivering up to 409 GB/s of memory bandwidth per processor or 1,636 GB/s per node
- Supports 4032 direct attached SSD or SAS disk drives
- Has 8 PCIe slots for up to six PCIe Gen4 x16 adapters or PCIe Gen5 x8 adapters (enables the maximum of 576 GB/s peak I/O bandwidth per node) with a maximum of 32 PCIe slots per system node.
9080-HEX Processor Specifications and Performance by CPW and rPerf ST | SMT2 |SMT4 | SMT8
EDP2 3.65-3.9 GHz Processor 40 Core: 922,000 and 369.8 | 747.5 | 1,056.3 | 1,366.8
EDP3 3.6-4.15 GHz Processor 48 Core: 1,129,000 and 472.2 | 926.8 | 1,315.4 | 1,680.6
EDP4 3.55-4.0 GHz Processor 60 Core: 1,320,000 and 562.7 | 1,123.2 |1,578.6 | 1,999.7
EDP2 3.65-3.9 GHz Processor 80 Core: 1,834,000 and 739.6 | 1,495.1 | 2,112.6 | 2,733.6
EDP3 3.6-4.15 GHz Processor 96 Core: 2,246,000 and 944.3 | 1,853.7 | 2,630.9 | 3,361.2
EDP2 3.65-3.9 GHz Processor 120 Core: 2,756,000 and 1,109.4 | 2,242.6 | 3,168.9 | 4,100.4
EDP4 3.55-4.0 GHz Processor 120 Core: 2,626,000 and 1,125.4 | 2,246.4 | 3,157.2 | 3,999.3
EDP3 3.6-4.15 GHz Processor 144 Core: 3,375,000 and 1,416.5 | 2,780.5 | 3,946.3 | 5,041.8
EDP2 3.65-3.9 GHz Processor 160 Core: 3,678,000 and 1,479.2 | 2,990.1 | 4,225.2 | 5,467.1
EDP4 3.55-4.0 GHz Processor 180 Core: 3,946,000 and 1,688.1 | 3,369.6 | 4,735.8 | 5,999.0
EDP3 3.6-4.15 GHz Processor 192 Core: 4,504,000 and 1,888.7 | 3,707.4 | 5,261.8 | 6,722.3
EDP4 3.55-4.0 GHz Processor 240 Core: 5,266,000 and 2,250.8 | 4,492.7 | 6,314.4 | 7,998.6
Memory Options: 16 TB Maximum (64 DDIM slots per node), DDR4 DDIMM memory cards:
EMC1 128 GB 16GBIT DDR4, 3200 MHz DDIMM memory cards (4 x 32 GB)
EMC2 256 GB 16GBIT DDR4, 3200 MHz DDIMM memory cards (4 x 64 GB)
EMC3 512 GB 16GBIT DDR4, 2933 MHz DDIMM memory cards (4 x 128 GB)
EMC4 1024 GB 16GBIT DDR4, 2933 MHz DDIMM memory cards (4 x 256 GB)
Level 1 (L1) Cache: 48+32 KB per core
Level 2 (L2) Cache: 2 MB per core
Level 3 (L3) Cache: 8 MB per core
NVMe Enterprise SSD:
4 slots for non-volatile memory express (NVMe U.2) per system node for booting, 16 maximum
The IBM Power10 9080-HEX Model E1080 supports up to 4,032 direct attached dirives via 168 IBM EXP24SX expansion drawers, each drawer supports up to 24 hot-swap SFF-2 SAS HDDs or SSDs in two EIA of rack space,
PCIe I/O drawer support a maximum of 16 EXP24SX.
IBM i OS400 partitions configure the EXP24SX as one set of 24 bays (mode 1), whereas AIX, Linux, and VIOS partitions can configure the EXP24SX with four sets of 6 bays (mode 4), two sets of 12 bays (mode 2) or one set of 24 bays (mode 1).
Customers upgrading from older Power8 systems...
can migrate existing HDDs and SSDs from Power8 CEC or from within 5802 or 5803 12X-attached I/O expansion drawers (SFF-1 bays) by ordering new SFF-2 carrier trays for the drives and moving them to a IBM EXP24S drawer.
Each IBM Power10 9080-HEX Model E1080 system node has 8 PCIe slots for up to six PCIe Gen4 x16 or PCIe Gen5 x8 slots (Gen5 enables the maximum of 576 GB/s peak I/O bandwidth per node) and two PCIe Gen5 x8 I/O low-profile expansion slots.
Concurrent maintenance of PCIe adapter repair, add and removal is supported.
PCIe Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, Gen4, and Gen5 adapter cards are all supported in the system node, including in Gen5 slots, but Gen5 PCIe adapter cards are not supported in I/O expansion drawer.
Additional PCIe slots can be expanded using a x16 slot to attach a six-slot expansion module in the I/O drawer, which holds two expansion modules that are attached to any two x16 PCIe slots of any nodes.
One USB 3.0 ports
Partitions (LPARs) and OS Requirements:
1,000 Partitions, LPARs or VMs per node, 4,000 maximum for IBM i OS400, AIX or Red Hat Enterprise (version 8.4 or higher, including SAP) and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (version 12 Service Pack 5 or higher and version 15 Service Pack 3 or higher).
Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) Features:
- First Failure Data Capture
- Processor Instruction Retry
- L2 and L3 Cache ECC Protection with Cache Line-Delete
- Core Checkstops
- Dynamic Processor Deallocation
- Chipkill Protection for x4 DDIMs with DRAM Sparing
- Processor Fabric and Memory Buses Retry with Data Lane Sparing and 1/2 Bandwidth Mode
- High Speed Internode Cables with Components and Advanced Fault Isolation Diagnostics
- Guided FSP & SMP Cable Installation
- Concurrent Repair of External SMP Cable
- Redundant Phase and Spare Phase for Voltage Regulator Modules (VRMs) Supplying Processors
- Spare Power Management Integrated Circuit (PMIC) for on DDIM Power Regulation
- Redundant System Clocks with Dynamic Failover
- Redundant, Hot-Swappable Power Supplies and Cooling Fans Concurrent Add and Repair of I/O Drawers
- Extended Error Handling on PCIe Slots Hot-Plug/Blind-Swap PCIe Adapter Slots
- Concurrent Repair of Op-Panel
- Concurrent Repair of Time of Day Battery
- Selective Dynamic Firmware Updates
System Control Unit
Width: 17.51 inches
Depth: 30.7 inches
Height: 3.39 inches
Weight: 50 lbs
19-inch rack-mount, 2U EIA unitsr
Width: 17.51 inches
Depth: 34.13 inches
Height: 8.55 inches
Weight: 180 lbs
19-inch rack-mount, 5U EIA units
PCIe EXP24SX Expansion Drawer
Width: 19 inches
Depth: 31.6 inches
Height: 6.8 inches
Weight: 120 lbs
19-inch rack-mount, 4U EIA units
Warranty and Support:
Includes 1 year of 24x7 same day response, on-site, IBM Power Expert Care Warranty Upgrade and other service and support options available upon request.